我是一名摄影家

这篇文章是《美国纽约摄影学院 摄影教材》的卷首语,时隔两年,再次拿起这本书来学习的时候,还是会被这首质朴的小诗感动。

我是一名摄影家

“I am a photographer.”

不久的将来,你将会这样宣告;

Someday soon you will speak these words.

不久的将来,你将会成为掌握摄影技巧的大师;

Someday soon you will be a master of advanced photographic tecnique,

你将会用摄影家不同寻常的眼光去审视周围的世界。

and you will add the special dimension of seeing the world with the eye of a photographer.

你会说:

And you will say:

「我是一名摄影家。」

“I am a photographer.”

不久的将来,也许有人会问你:

Someday soon someone will ask:

「为什么你要当一名摄影家?」

“Why did you  become a photographer?”

你将这样回答:

And you will answer:

「我要成为一名摄影家,因为它使我融入周围的世界。

“I become a photographer because it involved me in the entire world around me.

「我要当一名摄影家,因为它使我得到心灵上的甘露…

I become a photographer because it provided me with food for my soul…

和餐桌上的面包。

and bread for my table.

「我要成为一名摄影家,

“I become a photographer

因为它使我有能力洞察世间万象

because it enable me to observe the human condition

并记录下人类的伟大进程。」

and to record the parade of human events…”

「我见过那自由的大地……

“I hava seen the land of the free…

……和勇敢者的家园」

…and the home of the brave.”

「也见过崭新生命的降临……

“I hava seen the beginning of life…

……和生命的逝去」

…and the end”

「我曾见过充满生机的孩童穿街而过……

“I hava seen my neighbors across the street…

……也见过朝圣的身影跨越旷野」

…and across the world.”

「我曾记录下建设者用双手创造的繁荣……

“I hava recorded the hand of man as he builds…

……也见证过破坏者留下的满目疮痍」

…and as he destroys.”

「我曾拍下人们欢乐的笑容……

“I hava photographed smiles…

……和他们心酸的泪滴」

and tears.”

「我也曾记录下儿时的纯真……

“I hava photographed innocence…

……与事故复杂的人生」

…and sophistication.”

「我曾记录下美丽的身躯……

“I hava photographed body…

……和纯洁的心灵」

and soul.”

「也曾拍摄过辛勤劳作的人们……

“I hava photographed man at work…

……和他们轻松的游戏」

and at play.”

「我摄下了大自然的奇观瑰景……

“I hava photographed the wonders of nature…

……和人们建造的奇迹」

…and of man.”

「我摄下了美丽的万物……

“I hava photographed beautiful things…

……还有美好的人们」

…and beautiful people.”

啊!这一切——我眼中的世界,

I have seen-and recorded

尽在我的记录之中。

-the world though my own eyes

我是一名摄影家!

I am a photographer!

 



Leave a comment

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注